Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Creamsicle cupcakes



If you like creamsicles like I did as a kid, you will love these cupcakes. The first time I made this I used a cake box mix by Pillsbury called orangesicle. It was fast and tasted delicious. I followed the directions on the box to make cupcakes..Very easy and fast.

For the frosting I used:


1 8 oz cream cheese package
1/2 butter
6 c powdered sugar
1 tsp orange extract
1 tsp vanilla extract
orange food coloring


Soften cream cheese and butter to room temperature. Beat cream cheese, butter, orange and vanilla extract in large mixing bowl. Slowly add powdered sugar. Mix well. Divide frosting into 2 bowls..one will be white and the other will become tangerine color. Add orange icing color to one bowl and mix to desired color strength.

Next take the white icing and place in a clear icing bag. Use another icing bag for the orange frosting. Snip the ends off and place both side by side in another frosting bag. Snip the outer bag tip. Twist close the other end and gently squeeze the frosting to make sure both colors are coming out at the same rate. The first time I did it my frosting was not soft enough, so I had to take it all apart and start again.

Starting at outer edge of cupcake squeeze bag in a circular motion.Continue all around and swirling until coming to center. I love the two tone color frosting look.

Adapted from 
http://birdonacake.blogspot.com/2012/03/orange-creamsicle-cupcakes.html


No comments:

Post a Comment