Wednesday, May 7, 2014

butternut squash patties


Jessica and Istvan Jordaan 
A note to Jessica and Istvan,

Just this week I tried butternut squash for the first time in the form of butternut squash fries. They were awesome with the maple sauce. I did not use the whole butternut, so with the remainder your Dad suggested I try making them into patties, like sweet potato cakes. Now, Jessica, my youngest daughter can make some outstanding sweet potato patties. I still have not quite mastered them yet Jessica, so please send me your recipe so I can post it on my blog.  I have to warn you ahead of time  a butternut is difficult to peel and cut. So, ask that brand new husband of yours to help you.

Here is the link for the following recipe.
http://paleoaholic.com/paleo/paleo-butternut-squash-cakes/

PALEO BUTTERNUT SQUASH CAKES RECIPE
 

Ingredients
Instructions
  1. Steam the butternut squash until they turn tender
  2. Once tender mash into a fine pulp.
  3. Season the mashed pulp with onion powder, salt and pepper
  4. Add Sage, red onion and chives.
  5. Preheat skillet on medium with coconut oil












6. Ladle mixture into pancake shapes and cook until brown and crispy on both sides.
Enjoy



POWER BREAKFAST: PALEO BUTTERNUT SQUASH CAKES RECIPE   Paleo recipes

















No comments:

Post a Comment