Sunday, May 11, 2014

My sweet Mom!

Lorraine Pomerleau Huard 1927-2008


My Mom in black and white
My mom, was the kindest person on earth. She was a great mom and a champion of encouragement.
 My Mom

My mom and her grand kids
My Mom and I
Here is a song I wrote after my Mom had her first heart attack in 1997. At the time I was working very hard teaching acting and singing at multiple locations across the county. My Mom went in for a triple bypass which the nurses told me was a pretty common procedure and that she would come through very easily. So, I was shocked when the doctor came out during a very long surgery and told me to prepare myself for my Mom's death. He was having a hard time getting her off the heart machine. I was so stunned that I couldn't pray...so I called my dear friends Bud and Naomi and Bud stepped up to the plate and prayed when I couldn't . I  have to say there have been very few times when I couldn't pray and that was one of them, but thank God for friends who will step in and run to God for you. My mom did come through the surgery and was with us another ten years.

 I don't know about you, but somehow I had the mentality that my mom would be around forever. How I miss her and wish I could be lavishing on her today as she did for me so many times.

 I wrote this song in one afternoon shortly after her surgery. This is a home recording with poor audio. I would to someday make a more professional recording of this

No comments:

Post a Comment