Saturday, September 27, 2014

Spiraled cucumber salad



I love to use my spiralizer for many things. I  eat some sort of salad every day and today I thought I would try something different besides lettuces and leafy greens. It's a very simple recipe. You must use an english cucumber which is long and has no seeds in it.

I english cucumber
1/2 carton of grape tomatoes sliced in half
feta cheese to your liking
1/4 cup finely sliced red onion
1 T fresh basil finely chopped
1 tsp oregano finely chopped
1 tsp mint finely chopped
Salt and Pepper to taste
Rita's dressing ( recipe following after

Cut  ends off of the cucumber and spiral the cucumber. The brand I use is made by world cuisine and is called a spiral vegetable slicer.  I like it because it has 2 other size blades with it. Mix all ingredients into the spiraled cucumber and then top with dressing.

Rita's dressing

juice of one orange
juice of one lemon
4 T olive oil
4 T apple cider vinegar (Braggs)
3 garlic cloves minced
1/2 T of fresh basil chopped finely
1/2 t oregano chopped finely
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp mrs. dash
1/4 tsp cinamon
1/2 packet of powdered stevia

Combine orange juice and lemon juice and apple cider vinegar in a small bowl or 2 cup measuring cup. Add garlic and all herbs. Mix well. Slowly add the olive oil. Mix in all seasonings and stevia. Transfer to a salad dressing bottle or mason jar. Shake well. before using.



No comments:

Post a Comment