Friday, April 11, 2014

Making videos with note 3 on a tripod




Sometimes it is necessary to make a video tutorial of something I'm making...sometimes words alone just don't explain it well enough. I know i would rather watch a video to see how its done and then have the written directions alongside that.
It is not easy to make a video tutorial and hold the camera in one hand and show things with your other hands. I need both hands. I hunted around town for a desktop tripod that would sit a note 3. I couldn't find any tripod to fit any phone, only cameras. Hmmm.....what to do. I searched the internet  for ideas and came across one that worked for an iphone and so I kind of adapted it for a note 3.





I bought this flexable stand for my phone from target. I liked it of course because it was hot pink.I rubber banded the middle together to the back so it would stay stable.






     
 I got out my husbands camera tripod and set it up. I then took a paper clip clamp and clamped it to the top of the flat part of the tripod where a camera usually sits.











 I then place my phone stand on the platform and clamped the back of the stand down. My note 3 sits beautifully vertical or horizontal. My piece of advice is always remove the phone from the stand before you move the stand. When its time to shoot video I change the orientation of the camera to front facing. So, now I can see myself in the phone and watch myself as I am filming myself...how cool is that.



No comments:

Post a Comment